At A GLANCE

Posted by Jennaa Loire | Posted in | Posted on 1:46 AM

What a slack blogger I have been, again! I really need to get my act together. I have been so busy and preoccupied that I totally forgot to write about all the terrific things that have happened this past week and a half. 

For starters I was called to a casting call for GLANCE International Agency, with the amazing and very talented Kurvy Rhode, can this lady walk a catwalk; I can only hope that one day I get half the talent in one foot as she has in her whole AV. The interview part was fantastic and I think I managed to answer all the questions she tossed up rather well, then she took me over to the catwalk. All the catwalks I have walked on so far have been a straight line, this baby was a square.. you heard me a square! I nearly died. I gave it my best shot, and my first attempt was a disaster. I got caught up on the wall and that was it. Second Attempt I walked around it with some ease, but I only posed once at the end. Third attempt was even better, and I managed to hit most of the pose spots. At this point I was saying "Just put it down to experience". Kurvy came up to me and started talking to me right after, as I was just trying to calm myself down. To my utter shock and joy I was accepted for the show and was offered a place at the agency. I can not be happier and more thrilled to be working with some very talented and creative individuals. 

I have already done my first show for GLANCE. It was called the "DIVINE SHOW". You can see the advertisement for it below to the right. It was a fantastic show, and I loved every moment of it. The models did an amazing job, the clothes were gorgeous and it just went like clockwork. The walk was intimidating at first, we were in pairs, ten pose spots, square shape and that many people. 


The show was held at The Grafton Mall and it was on Saturday, November 8th at 5pm SLT

The Grafton Mall hosts VoguE and DG Fashion main stores. VoguE is a brand presenting a bold clothing line for the smart women. The primwork is amazing! The store slogan is a fashion statement "Style with Attitude"! 

DG Fashion stands for Divine and Gorgeous. Designed by both Zalyn Bailey and DeanGrant Caproni, the store offers eye-catching, upscale fashion pieces for the party girl. Subtle and refined. 

In the top left hand corner of this blog you can see one of the outfits I wore for the show, it was gorgeous and I love it. It is from DG Fashion and is called "Brenna Gown". I think the gloves with the fur that come with the gown are a simple and elegant touch, that really complete the outfit.

Modeling DG Fashion and VoguE latest releases were modeled by Imani Enzo, Kurvy Rhode, Laila Schiman, Jennaa Loire, Tabata Jewell and SweetVicky Voom. Great job girls! I am so looking forward to doing more shows with GLANCE and these fantastic other models.

This week I was all so, so thrilled to see the UNCOVER magazine, be released. I was so happy to see Adonaira's photo on the cover and not just because it is of me lol, I think she is an amazing photographer who is filled to the brim with an amazing gift. "The Issue Event"  is a great read and well worth the time to pick up and have a look. You can pick up a copy in world, or you can go to the website. Congratulations to Ado on a fantastic interview! 

UNCOVER has a vision to Uncover the most interesting, beautiful people, places, events, and creations in Second Life. They really do strive to have high quality content. You can check out the UNCOVER website at http://www.sluncover.com

Congratulations to all involved with the publication and to Maryna Wind in particular.

I found out this week as well I have been selected for the Neiva Super Model Contest. Which is a little scary, luckily for me I have some of my modeling friends doing it as well. So it should be a blast! The competition is huge and sounds quiet difficult and intense. Basically the Grand Prize is...

*Employment with The Neiva Kumasi Modeling Agency.
*A 5 page photo spread in the Neiva Kumasi Magazine.
*$10,000L in linden cash.
*A starring role in a music video of the winner's choice.
*Acting role in C-Dep's upcoming SL Movie.

I will keep you updated as more details come to hand, and you can have a look on youtube for the clips. You can all have a lovely chuckle at my Aussie accent, as yes we have to use voice! I promise to try the amount of times I say mate.. well I'll try!

Well that is it for today, I will do a post tomorrow on some fantastic handbags I have found this week as I really want to share them with you. Have fun shopping till then xoxo.

Comments (0)